Skip to content
Gold Star Families
The Foundation is focused on keeping each local Gold Star Family community engaged through sponsoring and hosting outreach programs and events.
Goals of Outreach Programs
Events include 5K runs and walks, motorcycle runs from monument to monument, riverboat gatherings, school speeches, as well as events like the Gold Star Families Day at the Ball Park. The Foundation provides a structured process for each type of event and works with the local Foundation committees to organize the volunteers and resources needed.
The Foundation has begun to engage in additional efforts to serve and support Gold Star Families through strategic partnerships with other nonprofit and service organizations. The intent is to provide a clearinghouse of services for Gold Star Families and effectively guide them to organizations that can fulfill their needs.
- Provide opportunities for Gold Star Families to come together and honor their Loved Ones while also raising public awareness about Gold Star Families and the sacrifice of their Loved Ones
- Establish and strengthen local Gold Star Family communities through Gold Star Family outreach events associated with each in-progress and established monument location
- Engage communities and the general public by providing volunteer opportunities to directly serve and support Gold Star Families
- Provide opportunities for Gold Star Families to come together and honor their Loved
- Facilitate the connection of resources and services to Gold Star Families
- 70+ Groundbreaking Ceremonies (14K+ attendees)
- 44 Monument dedications (13K+ attendees)
- Gold Star Family Day at the Ball Park (300 attendees)
- 5K Runs in TX, NH, WV (900 attendees)
- Motorcycle runs in NH, WV (500 attendees)
- 50+ Public/School speeches given (100K attendees)
View individual Outreach Event photo galleries